This weekend is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service. But Memorial Day also marks the official start of Summer for many! Time to head out to the beach, show off those beach-ready bods and whip out the grill for major fun in the sun! Most of you, like me, get to enjoy a 3-day weekend starting on Friday! Y-A-Y!!! Don’t be one of those last-minute planners! Here is my list for some fun things to do this weekend:
1. Head to the beach! (More specifically, the Keys!) If you’re fortunate enough to be in South Florida this weekend, head over to the Keys. This multi-isle oasis offers sun, surf and plenty of fun! The locals are friendly and the bars are hot! When you’re done and ready to enjoy the nightlife, make sure to wash your hair with shampoo from the Modern Naturalista! Your new friends will think you practically bathed in fruits!
2. Have a BBQ with friends & family. This is the time to enjoy your time with friends & family and what better way than by having a BBQ at the park or simply in your back yard.
3. Visit a museum. This may not be the first thing you think of on a big weekend like this one but museums are always packed of events and fun things to do with family! May is Museum Month in Miami and many of our attractions offer great deals on packages. Here are a few locals to keep in mind: Miami Beach Botanical Garden, the Children’s Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Haitian Heritage Museum.
4. Rent a boat. This one may not seem to obvious to some but renting a boat or even a kayak for a few hours will get you out of crowded streets and enjoying the pristine waters South Florida has to offer. Split the cost with a few friends, pack lunches and have everyone BYOB for fun in the sun and in the water!
5. Relax. As an entrepreneur, I’m always looking to unwind. At times I go weeks without a full night’s sleep and time away from it all is all I want to is sleep! Take time to get away if you can; this weekend is the perfect time to do just that. 🙂
Most important: BE SAFE while HAVING FUN!!
This my list on having fun this Memorial Day Weekend. Share with me what you are your family and friends are doing!